Mainly all the Bloggers start their blogging career with the popular Google Blogspot Blogging platform.
Here in this post I will be guiding you how you can create a free blog on blogspot without spending a single penny.
So before moving further lets understand few basic which will help you to understand the platform with pros and cons.
Google Blogger (Blogspot)
This is the most trusted blogging platform for all the newbies to start a free blog and earn money.
One of the main reason being is Google. This is managed and powered by the Internet giant Google.
Not only it is well suited for free blogs but also provides premium domain names.
Advantage of Google Blogger (Blogspot)
1. Hosting and domain name – You will get a free hosting from Google and don’t even need to pay a single penny to start your blog. You can enjoy the free domain like yourblogname.Blogspot.com for lifetime. You can also opt for custom domain name for $….If you want you can even purchase the domain from any service provider and can link to your blog. Skip this step if you don’t want to invest.
Note : Having a custom domain can make it easier to brand your site in future.
2. Security- there is no need to manage security issue as all those issues are managed by Google itself. Unlike WordPress (self hosting program) where you are in charge of security and services.
3. Uptime – Blogs on Google Blogspot can be created in no time and your site will be active and live without glitches. There is no down time as it is managed by Google.
4. No coding knowledge is required – Even if you how how to operate laptop/desktop and have internet connection you are good to start a blog with Blogspot.
Cons of Blogspot
1. Rules and regulations – As you are creating your blog under Google Blogspot you will have to follow their rules and regulations. Any violation in their rules can suspend your blog temporary or permanently.
2. Not Flexible – The Blogspot blogging platform is not as flexible as WordPress (self hosted ) and lacks many features.
3. Hosting – As your blog will be hosted on Google server you will have to be under Google hosting. Any changes or problems in their hosting can affect your site too. Though that might never happen but who knows.
4. Plugins – There are no Plugins available in Blogspot blogging platform. This makes you dependent on Blogger widgets option which may require coding knowledge. You can also get the codes online but you will be dependent on others.
In spite of these pros and cons it is still the best blogging choice for all the beginners who want to create a free blog on blogspot and make money.
So how to create a free blog on blogspot ?
The answer to create a free blog on Blogspot is very simple. Just follow the procedure till the end and after that you will have your free Blogspot Blog.
This post is especially for the beginner who just want to start their blogging career. So lets get started.
Step-by-step Guide to Creating a Free Blog on BlogSpot
To create a blog on blogger visit www.blogger.com and login using your Google account email and password. Create a one if you don’t have one.
For a first time user, you will see an option to use the identity from your Google Plus profile, or you can use your limited BlogSpot profile. I recommend using your Google Plus profile.
After that you need to setup your blog. Follow the process to successfully create a free blog on blogspot.
1. Name Your Blog
The first step is to give your blog a particular name and a domain address.
“As this is a free service so you will have yourdomainname.blogspot.com. But if you are willing to spend few penny you can set your own custom domain name. That we will discuss later.”
Make sure to give a generic name for both as it makes your blog looks professional.
After that select a template.
You can always change the template later whenever you want.
Now click on Create a Blog.
This is how the first Impression of Your blogger dashboard will look like.
Now your free blog on blogger is created. But its not fully created yet.
There are some setting that need to be taken care of before you write/create your first masterpiece post.
2. Basic Setting to do after you create your free blog on blogspot
To change the setting according to your blog specification you just click on Settings on left side of blogger dashboard.
You will notice a wide range of options.
Click on Basic under settings tab.
Set the description of the blog according to your own Niche.
Make sure to include some long and short trail keyword as it helps search engine to find your blog.
Above Settings you will find Themes tab. You can choose the free themes from the section to best suit your Niche.
3. Manage Blog Layout, Header and Logo
Logo, header and blog layout is what gives your blog a Unique looks.
Plus logo and header image gives your blog a brand image.
To change these options : Click on Layout.
You will notice something like that.
Now set your Favicon and header Image suggesting your niche.
This is it. You have successfully created your free blog using google blogger.
Now you can customize the blog layout according to your own need.
4. Create Your First Post
After performing the above steps its time to create your masterpiece post for which you have started this blog.
Click on Post then on New Post.
You will see your Editor and will look something like this.
Give your Post a Catchy Headline, Create your best post.
You can categorize it with different labels for different posts.
When done click on Publish.
Congratulations you just published your first blog post.
5. Setting up AdSense Account to Make Money from Blog
Before signing up for AdSense account make sure to have few blog post and a descent traffic.
To start earning from AdSense Click on Earnings tab then signup for Google AdSense.
Provide your website details and complete the form.
For Blogger AdSense is enabled very quickly but Your blog need to pass the guidelines Setup by Google.
It will take from 3 days to 15 days depending on the geographical location.
Starting a free blog is easy and does not require much effort.
As it is free you are bound by some limitation but as you keep on succeeding you can opt for better options like custom domain address etc.
Even if you want you can always create a blog with WordPress with own domain and self hosting.
A time will come when you will be growing at an enormous rate in blogging, and that time you should always consider migrating from blogger to WordPress without loosing anything.
And if this is the only blogging platform you want to stick to You surely can do.
Many Blogger are still using Blogger to make a permanent living and still are very famous.
The main thing that will influence is Your dedication towards Your blog.
If You have a strong dedication blogging platform doesn’t influence much.
Just let me know about Your blogging experience and for any query ask in Comment section. Will try to help you all in creating a blogging career ahead.